An exciting opportunity for a part time Financial Planner
At Retirement Essentials we believe all Australians, not just the wealthy, should have access to affordable financial advice that improves their financial wellbeing in retirement. To support this vision we are seeking to employ a part time Financial Planner, up to four days per week, who:
- is passionate about helping everyday Australians, particularly those planning for and in retirement,
- is excited by empowering them to fulfil their retirement dreams,
- embraces change and new ways of providing quality advice,
- genuinely cares for others and loves to help people, is solution oriented, has a desire to continue to grow professionally and loves working with a small & close-knit team.
Key Responsibilities Of The Financial Planner Role Include:
- Developing relationships with existing clients to provide strategic advice delivered via both human and easy to use digital experiences.
- Accurately assessing client’s needs, objectives and risk tolerance and formulating an appropriate financial plan / strategy to meet their needs.
- Maintaining high level compliance and quality standards and abide by SuperEd’s financial advice principles and guardrails.
- Working alongside the Head of Advice, CEO and CCO to identify opportunities and support the ongoing development of our advice model.
Educational and professional requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a Financial Planner with a track record of providing superannuation and retirement financial advice to clients.
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning and passed the (FASEA) Exam as a minimum.
- Meet or be on the way to meeting (FASEA) education standards by 1 January 2026.
- Solid understanding of superannuation, retirement income streams, investments and social security.
- Previous experience with Midwinter financial planning software of value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a manner that is engaging and relevant to the reader.
- Ability to use initiative and judgement in problem solving situations.
- An understanding of industry trends, legislative impacts and translating them into business development opportunities.
- A can-do/innovation attitude, outstanding attention to detail and have a high level of integrity and sense of ownership and pride in your work.
Bring your financial planning, customer service skills and continue to build on your experience in this growing start-up. Be mentored by the leadership team and grow professionally. Work from home (can be based anywhere in Australia). Flexible part time hours.
Salary – negotiable depending on level of experience. This will be prorated based on the agreed number of hours worked.
Retirement Essentials is a Corporate Authorised Rep of SuperEd Pty Ltd. SuperEd was founded in 2012 and acquired Retirement Essentials in 2018. We are growing and we are in the business of assisting everyday senior Australians to make better financial decisions in their retirement by providing them with step-by-step support. Pivotal to the service is ensuring eligible retirees benefit from the security that the Age Pension provides. The next exciting step in our journey is providing financial advice to our customers.
Next steps to apply for the role
If you are interested in applying for the role please fill in in our expression of interest form. You can find the form by clicking here .